Performing Arts Management Internship
Location: Lone Tree and surrounding areas in Colorado
Compensation: Unpaid Internship
The Performing Arts Management Intern will assist the Lone Tree Symphony Orchestra with the scheduling, planning, and executing of LTSO events, management, marketing, grant writing, programs sales, and other duties as needed. This internship is specifically designed for those studying Performing Arts Management, Arts Administration and Music Management. Please inquire early for future consideration.
Responsibilities may include:
• Assist with the coordination of musicians and event production as they relate to the Lone Tree Arts Center and rehearsal space.
• Assist in review and execution of marketing, grant writing, program sales, and symphony events.
• Involvement with securing necessary resources to fulfill Mini-Symphony performances and contracts.
• Assist with day of show concert responsibilities on-site and on a weekly basis for rehearsals, responsibilities including but not limited to hospitality, merch, runner, staff/board/musician communications, announcements and event set up/tear down.
• Interns will be required to work at least 15-20 hours per week or as needed to fulfill credit requirements.
• Currently enrolled in a full time undergraduate or graduate degree program with a focus in performing arts management, arts administration, and music management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• An interest or passion in the performing arts
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Able to set and adhere to strict deadlines
• Must be available to attend concerts and rehearsals
• Driver’s license and readily available car/vehicle for runner duties
Inquire early for future consideration, please contact:
Mary Barnes/Executive Director, Lone Tree Symphony Orchestra